The Cheney Twos is a new short-format two-a-side competition for league-standard players.
Where: Cheney School Headington OX3 7QH
When: 7.30 pm – 9.30 pm Wednesdays 10th Oct – 21st Nov
Cost: £3 per player per match
Format for pilot project:
- 6 – 8 teams play each other once (four tables in use)
- Teams of two, each player plays two sets of singles and one of doubles, best of five games
- One point per set won. League winner is the team with the most points over the series, and will receive two individual trophies. Play-off match in the event of a draw
Teams: Must register with the organiser naming a captain and as many players as needed to ensure two players for each match. All players must have current Table Tennis England Player Membership. Players may play for clubs in the Oxford or other Table Tennis leagues, as well as in the Cheney Twos.
- The organiser is Anne Borrowdale on behalf of Oxford and District Table Tennis Association.
- Results will be published after each match evening on the ODTTA website.
- 3* 40+ balls will be supplied for matches
- This is a pilot project which will run for 7 weeks (assuming 7 or 8 teams). It will be reviewed and repeated in 2019 if it is successful.
- Matches must begin by 7.45 pm and be completed by 9.30 pm.
- Players may play until 9.30 pm without further charge if they finish early
- One team each week will be the “home team”, responsible for setting up tables/equipment at 7 pm and putting them away at 9.30 pm
To register or for more information, contact Anne Borrowdale email@example.com Phone 07729 999958